evanalmighty726's 92 ECSB Chevy Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So here is my build thread for my 1992 Chevy K1500 Z71. I bought this truck from a really nice older fella in Foley, MN. He was the first owner and said he just used the truck for pulling a small boat to the lake and driving around his farm. He was selling it because it was getting harder for him to get around and the truck was just sitting in a shed collecting dust. I jumped on this truck as soon as I saw it on craigslist, because I knew it wouldn't be long before it was gone. I was the first person to call and I managed to get a day off of work and went and got it with my mom. Here is when I first got it. I bought it at the end of October 2014. Paid $4700, 88,000 miles when I got her.
You must be registered for see images attach

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, glad you made a thread! Man that truck is cleeean. Perfect example of those grandpap trucks you see. Clean and untouched

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Reaction score
So... The work began. I almost immediately started wrenching under the hood. Did a tune-up on the engine, new plugs, wires, dist. cap & rotor, fuel filter & air filter and oil change. I had to put an exhaust system on because the stock muffler and pipe was rusted out, I got a 3 inch single pipe system from Summit and chopped off the cat and rigged up the exhaust system to work. (It was supposed to be cat-back so I just had to have a little extension pipe.) I started looking for different rims probably a month after owning it. I searched craigslist for weeks and nothing good ever showed up so then I just started looking at buying brand new rims, I was thinking about getting some rims from discount tire but I just decided to get them from Summit Racing, it took me like 2 months to finally decide what rims to get lol.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
:word: That's what mine was... part of me wishes I had left it stock... the other can't stop spending my money on it haha

Reaction score
:word: That's what mine was... part of me wishes I had left it stock... the other can't stop spending my money on it haha

My original intentions were to keep this thing pretty much stock except for just an exhaust system. But I got an itch and I need to scratch it! I'm not planning on getting too crazy with it though.

Reaction score
I changed the trans filter in December one day when it got pretty warm. I would assume this much crap on the magnet is normal on a tranny that hasn't been touched from the factory.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I changed the trans filter in December one day when it got pretty warm. I would assume this much crap on the magnet is normal on a tranny that hasn't been touched from the factory.

Ooohhhh yeah. That's how mine was when we did it. We had to erased wheel the original gasket off, it was so old

Sent while pulling out a Ford