ENGO Winches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Engo prolly uses thicker insulation on their wires so that the outside diameter(including insulation)is same as a regular 2ga wire.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking too.

Ya know, for doing the big three do you think 1/0 would be much better than 4 gauge?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Not for small systems, even medium systems don't NEED 0ga, it's a ton easier to run the 4ga.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well its not the sound system I'm worried about, its the winch. What the heck, I ordered 12 ft of 1/0 Knukoncepts black KCA cable, 10 ring terminals, and two top post battery terminals with wing nuts on studs. No more worrying about overtightening my side-post battery haha.

In addition to the battery to alternator, neg battery to block, and block to frame I'm also going to do the cab to frame. I'm going to get the side post terminal out of the stock battery cable and continue to use it for my cab lights, radio, and small amp/sub, and leave the top post for the big wires, winch, and KC lights.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
How many batts you gonna run? If only 2, I'd run winch off the one that doesn't have the electrical accessories running off it.

John Boelte

Reaction score
Chris - did you get the Engo winch yet? I was going to suggest you go to an electrical supply house and buy welding cable, it may have saved a few bucks. I'm sure that what you ordered is good stuff though.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I do have the winch and a crap load of 1/0 KnuConeptz wire, just don't have my bumper yet and my truck is in the shop.