ENGO Winches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If you get the engo 10k winch, I'd personally look at the issues the 9k model had(like wire sizing and so forth), and upgrade the wire sizes. The small power wire is prolly the reason the winch failed early on the hillclimb and the stall pull, it wasn't able to draw enough power and therefore the efficiency went down causing heat to build up.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
That's a very good idea.

It was pretty awesome IMO to see that a budget winch rated at 9,000 lbs actually didn't stall until 12k.

You usually expect the opposite from budget things.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I think I'll just order a crap load of KCA 1/0 from Knukonceptz (very reputable cable in the Audio world) and do the big 3 on my truck as well as replace the power and ground wires that come with the winch with that.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Open the case up where power/ground wires enter and look at how they attach to motor, if anything, you shouldn't get anything bigger than the connection point, or ya might have probs connecting them lol....it would also be overkill.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah I'll wait until I have a chance to look at it...I believe I will definitely benefit from the big 3 however, my voltage gauge bounces with my blinker (slightly)...

Four Wheeler called the power wire 3.5 AWG, which is pretty big. Though ENGO claims 2 AWG.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Engo prolly uses thicker insulation on their wires so that the outside diameter(including insulation)is same as a regular 2ga wire.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I think I'll just order a crap load of KCA 1/0 from Knukonceptz (very reputable cable in the Audio world) and do the big 3 on my truck as well as replace the power and ground wires that come with the winch with that.

I got my sub kit from Knukonceptz, It was rated an 8 ga. but I ended up getting 6 ga. ring terminals so I could fit the wire into them... and it was a very close fit:D