engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you could run courbe on a carb prevent. Like for which prevents, are they apart or else of it ? Also You can some of it and such but see which of the two is the better choice for what you want. Gauges can just be run returning and will continue to perform.
Hope you'll like it...

Say what?????

Sent from what use to be a great country.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my block is also a 4bolt main 350 tbi. i didnt know if he was running a roller cam or not. if he isnt either will do. if he is tbi block is the way to go. and yea 4bolt mains are overrated for anything less than 450 like orange said.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
All depends on what kind of power you want. Personally I'd stay TBI as IMO they are much less temperamental and get considerably better mileage than a carbed engine, but 200-250 hp is fine for me. If you want much upwards of that, I recommend carb.

Just my 2 cents.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright i ran through a few different forums and sites and what im going to do is run the 4 bolt block build it as a naturaly asperated 355 and to try and push 400hp and transfer over the serpentine setup

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats in the planning stages still.. i set my guide lines and goals now me and my dad are brain storming how to get there and possibly go further :)

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my specialties lye more in fabrication, interior, electronics and body work so its nice to have a dad that can help me brake down mechanicals, i have a idea and then some about the drive train but im no where near an expert. i dont know much about cams besides the term mild, then in my brain storms a summit racing high performance rebuild kit, edlebrock high rise intank and normally i would go all edlebrock or holly (im not one for much change from what i know and trust) but ive been hearing some good stuff over the years from demon carbs so i may give them a try, 650 cfm just to keep it some what drivable for milage, still not going to be good but would be better then the 2mpg my camaro gets with a 950 double pumper XD then exhaust im going hooker long tube headers, i have them on my camaro and my moms k5 blazer and to me theyer the best, going to a straight pipe duals with glass packs, im thinking about doing a 3" exhaust versus the typical 2.5" i always see

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
my specialties lye more in fabrication, interior, electronics and body work so its nice to have a dad that can help me brake down mechanicals, i have a idea and then some about the drive train but im no where near an expert. i dont know much about cams besides the term mild, then in my brain storms a summit racing high performance rebuild kit, edlebrock high rise intank and normally i would go all edlebrock or holly (im not one for much change from what i know and trust) but ive been hearing some good stuff over the years from demon carbs so i may give them a try, 650 cfm just to keep it some what drivable for milage, still not going to be good but would be better then the 2mpg my camaro gets with a 950 double pumper XD then exhaust im going hooker long tube headers, i have them on my camaro and my moms k5 blazer and to me theyer the best, going to a straight pipe duals with glass packs, im thinking about doing a 3" exhaust versus the typical 2.5" i always see
Demon's aren't bad, i run a older one on my '94. but its just a fancy holley. I run a Holley 750 on my drag car and my pop's run a Holley 850DP on his '69 Camaro with a BBC. ive never have liked edelbrock.

you need to pick which cam before anything else really, make sure all the RPM ranges are about the same spec wise, it all depends what you plan to do with the truck.

BTW, Holley owns Demon carbs, they are no longer owned by Barry Grant, after they went bankrupt in 2011.

What kind of pistons does this summit kit include? Compression Ratio?

i don't think you get the term "straight pipe", if you are running glass packs you are no longer "straight pipe".

Dual 3" is WAY to big, you will loose power, 2.5" is even pushing it.

Last edited: