engine stumbling lost ideas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the clutch fan wasnt locked before when it did it, new fans are wired to a temp sensor that does come on a little early but not immediately, then engine gets to about 120 before they come on or so my useless guages say. i found one vaccuum leak to the charocoal cannister but it didnt help any. i know the tranny fluid is nice and clean, trans was either redone or a new one swapped in but no loose plugs or anything. no additives used.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe try to run cleaner through the injectors or take them out and look into the sprayer holes to make sure there is no obstructions, you said you shaves the tbi, maybe got into the injectors?

One last thing you may try, but I don't know much about it... Is supposedly there is some sort of spring in the distributor that is actuated by centrifugal force?? My truck is having an issue with intermittently missing usually only on the highway. I was told that this spring piece could be bad. It may be a possibility for you because if there is such a spring in the distributor it may be reacting badly with the sudden rpm change of the transmission shifting. If anyone has more insight as to this spring I would love to be educated.