Electrical gremblin making me Psycho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That leak can cause excess air to be sucked into the exhaust.. Which will show you have a lean fuel mixture.

If you are going to replace the O2 sensor look up on here about the 3 wire O2 sensor upgrade. 1993 should still have just a 1 wire so the 3 wire will help out as far a getting to closed loop faster and staying there.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That leak can cause excess air to be sucked into the exhaust.. Which will show you have a lean fuel mixture.

If you are going to replace the O2 sensor look up on here about the 3 wire O2 sensor upgrade. 1993 should still have just a 1 wire so the 3 wire will help out as far a getting to closed loop faster and staying there.

Okay thank you- i have long tube headers into a 2 in 1 out muffler so ill check the whole line for leaks also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And how hard or easy is it to swap ti 3 plug?

It's real easy. Almost plug and play. Get a 3 wire O2 and the truck side harness. O2 will have 2 of 1 color wire. Those will be your + and - and the odd ball out will be your sensor wire.....

I cut my plug off my old 1 wire sensor so I wouldn't have to cut my truck side and soldered it to the sensor wire on the new harness. So then that just plugs on like normal then hook up your ground and switched power. I used the fused side of the fuel pump fuse on the firewall.

I can not remember the part numbers I bought but if you do a search here for "oxygen sensor upgrade" you can find the part number pretty quick. I wanna say I got one for a 1995 model of our trucks.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What should the tps read at idle and at wot?

Normal spec is .5 to .8 volts at idle, if I remember right, but I like to keep mine down near the .5 mark. At WOT is will usually be about 4.5 to 5.0 volts.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes correct. And an analog volt meter is the best to check for the smoothness.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay thank you- i do own an Analog one, just got to find it - oh boy lol better dig it out now before we get another snow storm. So im going to check my voltage monday or this weekend, then ill report back and determine if i need to do an o2 sensor just yet or wait until the next earl change