Electrical gremblin making me Psycho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys and gals, my tps voltages are .5 at idle and 2.5 at wot. I think somethings off lol i believe wot should be closer to 5. I think its time for another one and to adjust that but idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Um yah...... The 2.5 at WOT is waaaaaayyyyy off..lol :thumbsdown: It should be closer to 5.0 as I mentioned before... Time to get a new one.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After thought here....Just for the heck of it.. Your throttle is opening all the way correct? Look down in your TBI and make sure that it is in fact opening all the way.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes throtyle opens all the way. In fact if i punch it the computer hesitates before sending more fuel, when its cold i actually can/have stalled it like this. This is my third tps, but the last one i deffinitly messed up when i threw it at the ground and the first was falling apart after 135k miles. I bought the nicer one from advance autoparts, so lifetime means ill be back there again xD. Any other sensors that could be bad? How about the one by the coolant line on the intake manifold (i dont know what anythings called)? She runs okay and starts 98% of time so im not looking to go to crazy, just to have something to do in this winter wonderland

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One last question- what is the rpm range these tbi 5.0 shift at from factory at wot? Like if mine shifts at 5200 is that to high? Is that safe? Is redline closer to 6? I dont have a factory tach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll look at my tach after I eat breakfast. At the restaurant now. But that sounds to high..

Sent from what use to be a great country.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your talking bout the sensor by the upper radiator hose that would be the coolant temp sensor for the computer.. That can mess things up too.

Sent from what use to be a great country.