EGR Delete Problems Help Needed ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with the truck not idling or running right after an EGR Delete? I know your fuel economy will decrease. Also does the EGR valve have to be blocked off? I have the hose from the exhaust into the intake plugged, but what about the acutal valve? Can it remain on there and throw a code without causing problems, or does the valve also have to be removed?

Thanks in advance!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with the truck not idling or running right after an EGR Delete? I know your fuel economy will decrease. Also does the EGR valve have to be blocked off? I have the hose from the exhaust into the intake plugged, but what about the acutal valve? Can it remain on there and throw a code without causing problems, or does the valve also have to be removed?

Thanks in advance!

I advise removing the valve and using a block off plate. You could easily make one from a small piece of sheet metal. Did you get your EGR tuned out or just remove it? You have to have it tuned out to run properly.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how and where do you get it removed out? and do you have to plug the intake to exhaust hose?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tbi trucks don't have the tube from exhaust to egr valve.

tuned out comes from a custom computer chip tune like black bear or tbi chips etc.

I would remove it too if the valve is stuck open it can cause bad idle issues, hooked up or not.

Remove it and block off the hole or ports.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok...not talking about tbi...this was info for vortec..need to know about if its ok to close off exhaust port to intake port..cause..effect..

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I havent had a problem yet other than a check engine light. Gas mileage is affected, but I plan on sending in my computer to be tuned for it an egr delete.