Ebay Shocks/Struts Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
The suspension on my Silverado is all messed up because I have a stuck shock on the RR and a collapsed shock on the LR. The truck has a little over 270K on it and I figure its time to do a suspension overhaul on it.....So the question is have any of you used Ebay shocks before, and if you did were they any good? To anyone the hasn't used them, would you trust the shocks? Its $110 for all 4 corners supposedly resembles KYB Gas-A-Just Monotube Shocks, and have a 2 yr warranty on them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Shock...iter_Display:5.7L&hash=item43ab867ddd&vxp=mtr

Also what type of shock is better to use for mostly street, a little off roading, and a little towing. Gas or Hydraulic?

Thanks

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I would pass on them. But I have a tendency to buy name brands.
Without getting too crazy, the best shocks for a daily driver would be a set of bilstein or KYB.
I have a set of KYB Monomax's on my truck.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I like them a lot.
Firm, but not harsh.
Excellent control with them, even with 6000lbs. on the @ss end of my truck.
I put a set of KYB GTR-2's on my '06 Grand Cherokee. They also improved the ride dramatically on the Jeep.

KYB's are the only struts/shocks I will install on our fleet vehicles at work. They usually last the life of the vehicle.
We have a set of KYB's on a 2003 Corolla that have been on it for 430,000 miles.
I usually recommend KYB's, but I do like Bilstein for GM trucks.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I really liked the kyb struts I ran on my impala. For the truck I'm looking for a budget 3" lift shock and the kyb comes in at $50-65, not bad at all IMO

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
KYB's are great but yes they can give a harsh ride. Take a look at rockauto.com there are some good prices on there.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I really liked the kyb struts I ran on my impala. For the truck I'm looking for a budget 3" lift shock and the kyb comes in at $50-65, not bad at all IMO
That doesn't sound too bad just wondering about cheaper stuff, not on a big budget right now going into my Senior year in High School

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I would pass on them. But I have a tendency to buy name brands.
Without getting too crazy, the best shocks for a daily driver would be a set of bilstein or KYB.
I have a set of KYB Monomax's on my truck.
Do you play offroad any with your truck with those shocks?