dumb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
can some one tell me were you can get a belt like this
You must be registered for see images attach
for a 5.7 vortec I have only ever seen 3 of these in person 1 on a 454 tbi 1 on a 3.8 firebird and the last 1 on a 5.9 magnum. are these really better then standered flat rib belts?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can some one tell me were you can get a belt like this
You must be registered for see images attach
for a 5.7 vortec I have only ever seen 3 of these in person 1 on a 454 tbi 1 on a 3.8 firebird and the last 1 on a 5.9 magnum. are these really better then standered flat rib belts?
Goodyear Gatorback...Not sure they make them any longer. Tried one years ago and it did not last any time at all. Better off using a Gates or a Gates Fleet Runner.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
thanks. was doing lots of googleing yesterday and found this. seems that they have changed Goodyear "Gatorback belts and hoses are now branded Continental Elite, following completion of Continental's acquisition of Veyance Technologies Inc."

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes my belt and tensioner are Continental. To me works just fine and had the belt on for 20K miles .

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My takeaway from the above would be to keep an old belt in the truck as a spare, which I would do anyways.
I agree with this x100
I keep the old belt and tensioner as on my TBI truck I once ran over some gravel from pot holes being filled and a piece somehow flipped up put a hole in the tensioner leaving a sharp edge that started shredding the belt.