Dual Shock Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I am really liking the looks of the dual shocks, like on Southern Pride's truck. I am just wondering, what all does it take to do this mod, and what is the best brand of shocks to go with? Do I need to lift my truck any, or will it work at the height it is now? I am getting all sorts of ideas from this website, and this is probably at the top of my list so far. Thanks for any help.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm wanting to do this mod, what needs to be done on the truck in order to do it? Lift, anything? Also, what are the best shocks to buy for this?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they can be done with no lift. I know with superlift the 2 shocks attach to the upper control arms, which would be dropped 5" from factory. See if you can find any for knuncle lifts (Fabtec) and how they install, as the upper control arm would no be dropped with that lift.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked it up and for the procomp dual shock hoops they only sell them for 4" and 6" lifted trucks.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Besides looking cool, is there any advantage to running dual shocks. I could see high speed dessert running but for most other situations, is there any benefit?!?!?

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a dual shock setup up. For 99% of us they are purely for looks. The only way it works right is if the dual shocks are valved properly for dual shock operation and most aren't. Truth be told, I let my single Bilstein do all of the work and my procomps are along for the ride.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard most people drill a hole in the back so there there but for show, id love to put a fual set op with my rcx, anyone know if i can put one from another company on ?rcx doesent make one. Sry for spellig mistakes, in a truck useing iphone an fat fingers doesent work well