dual display rear view mirrors. COMPASS/TEMPERATURE several sets! with pigtails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnydingo

Reaction score
Thanks man. Gonna have to do some research on wiring and finding the plug for the temp sensor.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
wiring is simple! and the plug comes with ALL of my temp sensors and mirrors.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...-with-pigtails&p=366485&viewfull=1#post366485
the wiring is on the first page anyways. very simple wiring! and i recommend speaker wire just because they are two wires together so easier to route! run one thru the car and engine bay for the front temp sensor, and the other run for power and ground. either run it into the fuse box OR ive heard quite afew people like to wire it into the factory radio. it has a ground and ignition source wire right there.
on my truck i just piggy backed a ignition wire out of the fuse box and grounded the wire to the metal dash bracing. really your choice BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND slapping a INLINE FUSE on the power wire! you can either buy a inline fuse holder OR use 2 female spade crimp connectors and some electrical tape to make your own. simply crimp the power wire from the power source and afew inches the power wire and tape up the metal spade terminals if you use plain connectors, and push a fuses spade male terminal into the female crimp connectors ya just put on and then tape over the whole connector and fuse so there is no chance of it touching any bare metal and shorting out. really simple! a 5amp fuse should be enough. i cannt remember exactly how big of a fuse i used on mine. it wont hurt going alittle bigger. main thing it protects if the wires ever short out or get pinched on a metal part and short out directly it will pop the fuse instead of setting the vehicle on fire! always fuse everything you add that uses power. its cheap insurance!

jonnydingo

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere mine might be prewired for the sensor even though the mirror was just compass? That's what I was talking about losing, maybe I was dreaming.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well i have not found a single truck wired that way. even the stock harnesses with electric fans on 2005+trucks run the sensor wire thru the headlight and fan harness that plug into the computer harness on NBS trucks.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I have just a compass mirror as well as that jonnydingo fella.

I guess all I need to do is add the temp probe with 2 wires going from probe > mirror. Power&Grnd will already be there for the compass?

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing mine
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks pretty good

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
I have just a compass mirror as well as that jonnydingo fella.

I guess all I need to do is add the temp probe with 2 wires going from probe > mirror. Power&Grnd will already be there for the compass?

if you have a compass/autodimming mirror already then you can reuse your stock harness! i can DEPIN the two temp sensor wires from the pigtail i have and you can simply slide those two wires into your factory harness plug and then just extend those two wires to the new temp sensor ya mount infront of the truck. your autodimming will work perfect and even turn off autodim when you put your truck in reverse like stock. so thats a plus for you!
the compass is built into the mirror itself. its powered by the same autodimmers power ignition source.

i got plenty left for ya with NBS temp sensors. they work the same just different style and mounting. just spray paint the sensor black and zip tie it to the horns wire loom and it will disappear just the same!

Steve83

Reaction score
Have you ever seen one of these mirrors with 2 connectors? A 7-pin (dunno the shape) and another with at least 2 positions, but only 1 small Y/Bk wire? From what I can tell, it was only used from '99-? in trucks with "luxury" automatic headlights (not DRL). I have a small collection of these mirrors, too, but none of the ones I've ever found are like that, and I need one to add auto-h/l to my '97. Here's the wiring diagram that indicates the 2nd connector in the lower L:

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i dont know if ive seen any like that... i may have seen one along time ago and wasnt sure what the plug was for... but its rare. and i dont believe its on any of the NBS dual display mirrors. probably only on older single display mirrors which are already harder to find as is with regular ones with temp display.lol
in all honesty if you just want it for automatic headlights just buy a aftermarket module. i used to have one on my old jimmy but i forget where i bought it. it was just a cheaper kit but worked perfectly for me! the sensor is kinda ugly but small price to pay for automatic headlights.