Dual beam headlight harness now available at LMC!

Would you try it in your truck?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zilverado71

Reaction score
Wow. My thery're not that blinding. I've driven in front of my truck before -_- If someone loses control because of something so silly they should have been paying more attention. Plain and simple. To crash because of someone's modified lowbeams you would have to be drunk. The housing still aim at 9006 pattern. Good lord, people think about what your saying. Also.. my mirror has the flip tab to deflect the light, you don't have that?? Because its illegal not to in Michigan.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You're the reason HID's are illegal. If you're going to do it, do it right. Don't be a sh!tface.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I'm aware that 6000k puts out more light than 30000k.. this isn't my first rodeo ;) I just like the color green. I modified 9005 to fit in the lowbeams on purpose, silly.
As for aiming them down.. No. People in front of me can move if they don't like it. Retaliation is 1/2 the reason I got the HIDs. We produce dimming mirrors for a reason. I would rather see deer 1000ft away than worry about other people's driving experience :p Plus, I don't run the highbeams all the time or anything lol that would be soooo bad.

This is why i had offroad lights pointed back on my 96, if somebody wants to blind me its gonna end a lot worse for them

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I have not seen a single GMT400 truck with the OEM composite headlights that isn't offensive. They throw light everywhere as is. At least get some decent housings like the TYC or Anzo ones. The off colors also are more offensive to oncoming drivers.

Your comments about other driver's moving out of your way is total ignorance on your part. The laws are there for a reason and HIDs are illegal to put into halogen housings. Many people do it (myself included) but just doing it and doing it properly are entirely different things.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your dad should whip that a$$......teach you some respect....some people like myself have wives who drive at night with children in the car.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just so you know, by adapting your OE headlight housings to accept 9006 HID bulbs; you are not gaining anything whatsoever. 9005 and 9006 HID bulbs are the same thing, with different bases. But the OE Housings are far FAR from optimal for HID's for a handful of reasons.

Please re-aim your headlight housings, HID's do not share the same point in which the light emits from the bulb as a Halogen does. As for your comments in regards to people using there day/night mirrors (Or little tab to flip your mirror down as you referred to it as), that will do somebody no good when meeting you at night. I don't know why you would want to offend oncoming drivers at night that have done nothing offensive to you. If you want to flash someone to remind them to turn there high beams off, that's fine. But purposely wanting to blind innocent drivers at night is irresponsible. Just remember, every driver you meet at night is some one's son or daughter, or someones father or mother. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$hole, so don't take my post as offensive. But please be responsible and properly aim your headlights at the very least.

I think that you will find that if you upgrade your headlight housings to a good aftermarket with a clear lens, "Diamond cut" reflector, and glare cap on the low beam side of the housing; along with properly aiming them. I believe you will be much more sattisfied with your headlights, as will the other drivers on the road. HID's are a fantastic upgrade, when done right.

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Just so you know, by adapting your OE headlight housings to accept 9006 HID bulbs; you are not gaining anything whatsoever. 9005 and 9006 HID bulbs are the same thing, with different bases. But the OE Housings are far FAR from optimal for HID's for a handful of reasons.

Please re-aim your headlight housings, HID's do not share the same point in which the light emits from the bulb as a Halogen does. As for your comments in regards to people using there day/night mirrors (Or little tab to flip your mirror down as you referred to it as), that will do somebody no good when meeting you at night. I don't know why you would want to offend oncoming drivers at night that have done nothing offensive to you. If you want to flash someone to remind them to turn there high beams off, that's fine. But purposely wanting to blind innocent drivers at night is irresponsible. Just remember, every driver you meet at night is some one's son or daughter, or someones father or mother. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$hole, so don't take my post as offensive. But please be responsible and properly aim your headlights at the very least.

I think that you will find that if you upgrade your headlight housings to a good aftermarket with a clear lens, "Diamond cut" reflector, and glare cap on the low beam side of the housing; along with properly aiming them. I believe you will be much more sattisfied with your headlights, as will the other drivers on the road. HID's are a fantastic upgrade, when done right.

Baron...its great advice but sadly I think its falling on deaf ears in this case...

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baron...its great advice but sadly I think its falling on deaf ears in this case...

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

Exactly..... Just another troll trying to start an arguement.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Wow... I never realized zilverado71 was such a sh!thead! My dad drives home every night, my mom drives home every night. Now I will be driving home every night. It's that kind of arrogance that get people killed!!! :nono: