Dropping a 92 Silverado Questions???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbear

Reaction score
Ok thats why i joined this site! You guys help me out . I am not planning to bag it and i need to replace the balljoints and bushings so wouldnt it be more cost effective to do the drop control arms? I already have the drop coils (thanks craigslist) . Just wondering and so far yall havent steared me wrong!!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have never ran a set of drop control arm's, though I have seen a coulple snap off up near the ball joint, I personally prefer either DJM or McGaughy's spindle's, Belltech's are good too but they push the front wheel's out .5in. per side.

bigbear

Reaction score
Damn don't want them if they snap off! That could get interesting at 70-80 mph on the interesting lol. So guess drop spindles it is and some grinding . Will try to post pics after the front is done. Just keep in mind guys its a $500 truck and has a ways to go yet.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
hit up norcall for your spindles and dont buy em from airbagit.com they have been know to break

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I am sure there are lot's guy's running drop arm's that like them just fine and have had no problem's, but I will just tell you what I have seen.

Danz

Reaction score
You can run 15s with drop spindles by trimin the arms...but some people dont like to do that LOL..I was just givin some options..I dont know the differnce in cost but its a little easier to install drop control arms then spindles LOL..I have had DJM drop control arms on my old extra cab and had no problems with it. I would go spindles because for some reason I always end up wanting to bag every truck I have..good luck on the build

bigbear

Reaction score
So I put the rear axle flip kit in then installed the Belltech 2 inch drop coils in the front. I am using the truck to pull my landscape trailer so I went old school and installed a new set of air shocks on the rear just to give me the extra support. I installed the 265/60/15 tires in the rear and 255/60/15 in the front. With the air shocks pumped up with 100lbs the truck sets level. Now I am wondering if I need to put the 2 inch drop spindles at this point. I am gonna try to post some pics today see what yall think. Input?

bigbear

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach