Dropping a 92 Silverado Questions???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbear

Reaction score
Hey Guys I am Bear and very new to the site. I just bought a 1992 Chevy Silverado Reg. cab long bed and I am in the process of Droppin it to the ground. So far I installed a DJM rear flip kit with c-notches and all now for the front. I want to stay with a static drop so no bags but what is the best and cheapest way to drop the front about 4-5 inches. I am calling the truck Craig cause all my parts so far I purchased on Craigslist. DJM flip kit I got for $80 and it was brand new still in the box. My Rallies $100 with all the trimmings. But anyway yall get the idea. I am working on a very small budget but I want it to be right when I finish. Guess my question is Springs/Spindles.....Lower control arms or what? Thank for your help. Bear

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would think the cheapest way to do the front is spindles and spring's, and post up some pic's of your truck if you can!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
As Draggin95 said, drop spindles and springs would be your best bet for what your trying to do. checkout allofcraigs.com, it lets you search nationwide if you want. I've found alot on C-list myself.

Danz

Reaction score
or some drop control arms and springs...easyer to run your stockies then with the drop spindles. But if your thinking of baggin it later stick with drop spindles.

bigbear

Reaction score
So after doing some research i am finding out that i cant run stock 15" rallies with drop spindles. Anybody else run into this problem? So thinking i may just do the drop lower control arms. What yall think?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you can run 15's, you just have trim the rain gutter's on the lower CA's, it's easy, a lot of people have to do that.