drop spindle question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craig98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm keeping my truck static this spring. I want to put drop spindles on it. But I have drop lower control arms. Am I able to run drop control arms with drop spindles on 15's?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go the drop spring and spindle route. And with 15s you have to cut the lower arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go the drop spring and spindle route. And with 15s you have to cut the lower arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

/\ this.............. running drop spindles and drop control arms will lead to seriouse B/J wear and I also heard it is a safety issue..............

x2 on spindles and springs................

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
/\ this.............. running drop spindles and drop control arms will lead to seriouse B/J ...................

im gonna get a serious What?!?:roflsquared:

But on a serious note, this guy is right... I would run spindles and coils. Sell your control arms, im sure someone will want them...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Too low of a scrub line on the LCA would be the issue, because the spring pocket is already lowered to achieve the drop with the LCA - making it closer to the ground - then you add a drop spindle on top of that which brings everything down farther, placing that spring pocket too close to the ground to be safe. Next you'll hear of the 1 or 2 people that have been running that way for years with no problems, but I suggest they go buy some lottery tickets too.

Like was said earlier, go spring & spindle for the full drop, best way to achieve it. And trim the (factory) LCA's to clear the 15's.

Richard

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Too low of a scrub line on the LCA would be the issue, because the spring pocket is already lowered to achieve the drop with the LCA - making it closer to the ground - then you add a drop spindle on top of that which brings everything down farther, placing that spring pocket too close to the ground to be safe.

This^

I know of a guy who tried running spindles, arms and springs. He found out on the test drive it wasn't going to work. The combination of the spindles and arms had the spring pockets so close to the ground that he was busting the reflectors on the road. There was less than 1" of clearance between the spring pocket and the pavement.