drop leafs with factory overload

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here running belltech drop leafs and added the factory overload to them?

Mine are kinda bouncy and I was thinking of adding the factory overload leaf to them. I had ground force leafs on my 2008 and the instructions had you add the overloads to them during the install and it rode good.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never owned a pair but my brother had a pair on his 99 Hoe and they were quite bouncy.

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya I didnt have much choice for a mild drop. On the 2drs the gas filler hose is on top of the stock shackles and the front drop hangers dont fit right, only on 4dr hoes. I didnt want a flip kit because I want this as a daily just midly dropped not slammed. I also got the doestch tech shocks which I was told were firmer than belltechs. Even stock this was bouncy but it was a harsh bounce, now its a smooth bounce but Im afraid its gonna bottom out on my tires if I have passengers in the back

I took off the overloads tonight so Im gonna try it and see.

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure that adding the overload will change the ride much. If you think about it, the overload is completely unsprung, and only come into play when the truck is literally "overloaded." It will work to raise the rear another ~1/2", and keep it from bottoming out if there are passengers...but it's not going to change the "bouncy" ride.

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure that adding the overload will change the ride much. If you think about it, the overload is completely unsprung, and only come into play when the truck is literally "overloaded." It will work to raise the rear another ~1/2", and keep it from bottoming out if there are passengers...but it's not going to change the "bouncy" ride.

I understand what your saying, but I was thinking since there isnt much arch at all currently it probably bounces to a negative arch, whereas with the overload in place it wouldnt go negative...make sense or am I way off?
I could use the extra 1/2" to make it level, right now its a little cali

one of those...you never know till you try it things.