DRL - did all Suburbans have it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Factory AUX CD player, it connects to the factory radio inside the dash. I'm kind of surprised that you don't have one, I thought most of the '95+ trucks that came with tape decks in the main radio also had the AUX CD.
Somewhere - probably in Spain - there is a little pile containing fuses for MAF and O2 sensors, DRL fuses, DRL diode, DRL module, CD player and who knows what else that my Suburban once had...

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It gets worse. I've just looked at the build sheet and listed is T62 LIGHTING DAYTIME RUNNING - DELETE.
Looks like I've caused 5 pages of electrons and pixels to be needlessly disturbed - and forum members. I apologise to all.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have an Owner's manual? I wonder what they intended for the non-American trucks? I wonder what it says?

I've been told the trucks south of border in general have a lot of stuff missing compared to the US trucks, presumably emissions stuff? They also continue to use engines down there that get phased out in the US, maybe for the same reasons...I'm pretty sure the 5.7 Vortec even made it's way into the GMT800, etc.

Here's an example. 255HP is clearly a 5.7 and some of those trucks actually state that's the engine.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have an Owner's manual? I wonder what they intended for the non-American trucks? I wonder what it says?
Owner's manual has all the spiel about DRL - the only thing different from what has been said on this thread is it doesn't mention having to be out of park - only in 'run' and park brake released.

My build sheet (RPO codes?) shows:
BAG PARTS PKG EXPORT and,
EXP EXPORT - I.E.S. EXPORT - I.E.S.

Any ideas what they mean?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember a GM commercial in 1994, (because I graduated high school in 1994) stating that beginning in the 1995 model year, ALL vehicles will be equipped with DRL's. So, I'd imagine the Suburban had them, starting in 1995.
That being said, the dash indicator is lit on my '00 Yukon Denali, but they've never worked. And my '98 Suburban has them working, but they dont transfer to my snow plow during daytime driving, yet I have the additional wiring to do just that!

Edit: maybe I'll check for that T62 RPO code also!

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Owner's manual has all the spiel about DRL - the only thing different from what has been said on this thread is it doesn't mention having to be out of park - only in 'run' and park brake released.

My build sheet (RPO codes?) shows:
BAG PARTS PKG EXPORT and,
EXP EXPORT - I.E.S. EXPORT - I.E.S.

Any ideas what they mean?
@MrPink