Driveline Brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LPG PWRD

Always Learning
Reaction score
I contacted High angle driveline about their driveline brake and was in for a world of hurt. Their website is kinda missleading, says $299 for the brake kit. Read a little further, then you need a patented flange. Then call then and you will also need a u-joint flange. Well when all is said and done you will have $300 for the rotor and caliper, $100 for their patented flange, and another $80 for the u-joint flange.... Grand total of $480 on top of the price of the $320 SYE kit you need to run this.

Way I found around it:
Get the tcase output patent flange from HAD $100
Get the caliper from AllPro Offroad for $90
Ujoint flange spicer PN# 3-2-1579 from local custom driveline place, mine was $45
Go to local machine shop and have a 9.5" (depnding on clearance) 1/4" thick rotor made w/ a 2" bore and 4.25 bolt circle diameter w/ 1/2" holes, should be less than $100

I can get specs if you need anything...

Flange and Rotor
You must be registered for see images attach

Caliper

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is awesome! I cut off my drums and put front discs on my rear so I have no ebrake on my big truck. When I called HAD they told me the same thing which was way too much and I didn't want to do a SYE. This is a great alternative. Do you have pics of it installed and is it enough to hold on a hill?

92SAS

Reaction score
Well damn!
I knew I would like this site but too late.
I paid the price for the HAD kit plus cost of a drive shaft.
I still haven't figured out how to run the cable to it yet.

I'd like to see how you run your cable.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats badass

my buddy had ordered longer cables for his 91 and it will stay but its not trustworthy

LPG PWRD

Always Learning
Reaction score
yes... but its a better to have one when you are lifted anyways, takes the stress off the trans output shaft bushing and tailshaft housing