Door problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500SS

^ Money pit
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The past month or so my driver door had been swinging back and forth when I opened it, and upon further inspection I noticed the spring roller pin cracked off and the door spring fell into the fender. I also noticed the door slightly sagging when it was fine before. I am wondering if the sag could be contributed to the spring roller pin and not the door pin & bushings. It doesn't drop when I open or need to be lifted when I shut it, but the body line that runs right under the mirror and glass down the side of the truck is lower on the door than the fender and cab/bed.

-Josh

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, you are going to have to do new bushings and pins, they sell them in the HELP! section at the local parts store. Or CKresto.com

1500SS

^ Money pit
Reaction score
Reaction score
Damn. Yup, i figured I would need em, besides I probably should cause when I get the time I have brand new GM door shells I gotta swap on. I'm looking into totalauto's kit on ebay, it's expensive but they claim it's the best. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-C-K-TRUCK-SUV-DOOR-HINGE-PIN-KIT-TOP-QUALITY-1988-99-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d295de439QQitemZ400125977657QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I haven't had any experiance from this seller but I have looked at others on ebay which are stainless steel sets and that price seems to be about the going rate for them. Looks like a good investment to me. IMO.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Damn. Yup, i figured I would need em, besides I probably should cause when I get the time I have brand new GM door shells I gotta swap on. I'm looking into totalauto's kit on ebay, it's expensive but they claim it's the best. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-C-K-TRUCK-SUV-DOOR-HINGE-PIN-KIT-TOP-QUALITY-1988-99-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d295de439QQitemZ400125977657QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have used their stuff. good quality. I used them on my '91 stepside. Just make sure you pay attention to how it installs. they have 2 different size diameters on the pin, so there are 2 different bushings, and only go one way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: