Door lock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trill

Reaction score
I have a 95 GMC Sierra and it has power locks. I recently replace the driver door inside handle and lock assembly. At first the lock slide easily and now when I hit my lock switch the passenger side works fine but the driver side acts like its stuck so I have to lock it by hand. When I slide it down by hand its kind of hard to do. Does anyone know of this problem or could help me get this working again.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a bent rod or sticking actuator. Gonna have to pull the door panels off and compare the lock rods next to one another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I as well have the same problem. My interior door handle broke, so I replaced it and now when I hit the power lock button on the driverside only the passagener door locks. I checked the fuses, switched the door lock switches just to check if my switch was bad and same issue. Even when I use my aftermarket alarm. It still only locks the passagener door lock. I have to manually lock and unlock the drivers door. Also installed a new actuator on the driverside, still same issue. Any help is great.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
I've been having similar problems with my locks. The driver's always works, but the others randomly stop working and then start working. I feel like it must have something to do the actuators not always getting enough juice or something like that...

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my truck, whenever I hit the lock button on the inside it only locks the passenger door, never the drivers door, checked all fuses they are good even changed the cig light one. Also changed the lock actuator and still the same. Any ideas?