94 to 95 door swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
I have a 1994 gmc 1500 sle. It has the older style interior with manual windows and locks. I am buying entire doors with 95 door panels and electric locks and electric windows. What would the process be for making them work (atleast the windows). And is there any way to “jimmy rig” the windows for now until i swap the dash out for the new style?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might check the door plus upholstery depth. It's been done before. The increased door card dimension might not fit ( door will not close ) until the 95 up dash is installed. At least that was reported by previous modder projets.
A three-way switch , on-off-on , spring loaded to center off, For window operation, maybe.

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
Well as for if they dont fit at all. Once i find a nice dash for a good price im doing the full 95 conversion. But for window operation how would i power the motor? Could i just tap into the wiring for the headlight switch maybe?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I wouldn't. There's enough load on that as it is, you'll probably blow it up. There's a spot for power windows in your fuse panel, all you need to do is add a terminal and a circuit breaker (or fuse). Hell maybe you don't even need to add a terminal, I'm not sure on the early models but my 97 had both locks and windows circuit breakers already installed despite it coming with powerless doors.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You will need the harness for the power windows and locks. On the early trucks it is run on the firewall right below the windshield under the dash. I am getting ready to part out a '97 after Christmas and I could report back as to where the harness is on the later trucks

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You will need the harness for the power windows and locks. On the early trucks it is run on the firewall right below the windshield under the dash. I am getting ready to part out a '97 after Christmas and I could report back as to where the harness is on the later trucks
It's in the same place on the later models.

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
Update: the doors do indeed fit with no modifications. Will need to lengthen the little plastic button for the cab light. Havent figured out how to wire everything up yet lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 19

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
update2: me and my dad figured out which wires do what for window operation so we will be wiring everything to the 4wd fuse. Got a relay and wiring harness for it.i will post my last update when its done. Thank you guys for the help!