do you have a 2dr tahoe with turndown after muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If so, how loud is it in the cab?

I have a custom stainless magnaflow dual in / single out catback with a turndown on it that would put the dump what looks like pretty close to the rear axle on my 2dr tahoe 4x4.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm worried there would be a ton of interior drone/resonance especially at highway speeds.

I would just throw it on and find out, but it looks like I need to sawzall the tailpipe off my stock catback in order to remove it if I don't remove the rear axle, making it a PITA to return to stock config?

The truck has a brand new crate engine with gibson stainless headers and the magnaflow stainless high flow cat mid pipe you can see in this picture right now, I do not care how loud it is outside the truck, I just don't want it to be obnoxious on the inside with the windows closed, I also don't want to miss out on any performance by keeping the stock 120k mile / 17 year old catback...even if it seems to be in fine condition as it's a california truck.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had dumped exhaust on my 4dr Tahoe, dumped it after the rear end, sounded great hard to have a convo inside tho

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How custom is the catback? I bought the magnaflow catback for my 3 dr but realized it didnt fit AFTER I got most of it in place. I ended up going to Gibson and I hate it. I would really like to just replace the Gibson muffler i have with a Magnaflow version.

As for the sound of it with just a turn down, it may sound nice at first but I think you will soon get sick of hearing it echo in the cab unless you dynamat the entire truck which will cost you a few dollars AND take up a couple days of your time.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cat back is from the 96 2dr Tahoe that overhaulin' did back in 2006, it's a one off made by magnaflow...

Typos from my iPhone using Tapatalk while po0ping.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I have a cutout that dumps under the back seat. It's not that bad, but I would just run a turn out the side or back if you don't want any drone.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
The cat back is from the 96 2dr Tahoe that overhaulin' did back in 2006, it's a one off made by magnaflow...

Typos from my iPhone using Tapatalk while po0ping.

I have to ask.... how did you get your hands on that?

matttahoe53

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is what I just did. It sounds awesome when pushed, but pretty quiet at cruising speed. I used magnaflow mufflers.