Do I need to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I'm looking into trowing a 6 inch suspension on my 94 with my regular 315's that I have now but I keep hearing stuff about re gearing the trucks's stock gears.
Is this necessary? Or should I keep my 3 inch bl and throw on maybe the 2 inch RC lift without having to re gear?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Lift shouldnt affect the gearing... the re gear is ment because of the over size tires... so if ur running 315s now shouldnt be much different. Theres plenty memebers on here that have done that can give u a better explanation.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yep, like Mike said, the lift won't affect the way it feels, the tire size/gear ratio will. If you're already running 315's and plan to run 315's after the lift, it will feel exactly the same as what it feels like now.

What gears do you currently have?

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Yep, like Mike said, the lift won't affect the way it feels, the tire size/gear ratio will. If you're already running 315's and plan to run 315's after the lift, it will feel exactly the same as what it feels like now.

What gears do you currently have?

I'm pretty positive it's the 3.73's.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
There are better gears out there for 315's but if you like the way it feels right now with the 3.73's, then stick with it.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
There are better gears out there for 315's but if you like the way it feels right now with the 3.73's, then stick with it.

Well with the prices on re gearing I can deal but either way I'm comfortable with the performance I'm getting out of them as well. I just didn't know if 6 extra inches was gonna mean I needed to re gear it

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like others said the lift will not cause for the need to regear it, the larger tires are what needs the regearing. Since you are satisfied with the 315's now you wont notice any difference once lifted more. But going to 4.56 gears will be a big improvement in performance and even get a little better mpg.