djm spindles issue please help obs truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitesilvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am installing djm spindles on my 96 and made sure I got the correct spindles I got one installed but it hits on the upper control arm when I lowered the jack from under the lower control arm, would I have to trim that upper control arm?
You must be registered for see images attach

also did you guys had to bend the brake line?
You must be registered for see images attach

whitesilvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did find out on another forum that people do bend the brake line

and about the spindle hitting the uca it does hit when I lowered the suspension with the jack under the lca but it doesn't when I lift it, so for now I am going to do the other side and I hope with the wheels on it won't hit bc the whole suspension will be lifted back up with the tires

Later Delvin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I understand correctly the spindle is hitting when the suspension is fully drooped? If that's the case I would not trim/cut anything because at ride height there should be zero issues. On the brake line I have always had to bend the line a little, no big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

whitesilvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, I was just afraid of kinking the brake line but will use a screwdriver to bend it a little, and yeah I might just take the grinder and cut a bit on that uca, thanks

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I would wait till everythings installed and the trucks sitting on the ground to see if its still touching the uca. Its weird how it only hits when you lower the jack, i would see how it sits when you get tires on and drop it on the ground before trimming.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have seen that several times it should fine when the truck is back on wheel's on the ground, and yeah I always tweak the brake line out of the way!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once your truck is on the ground and it's being driven around, the chances are the suspension will never see those angles again unless you're doing a Bo Duke and jumping a ditch.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine. After everything was done and tightened, I had no more issues of rubbing in that area.