DISCUSSION THREAD: Alyssa, Horns' 94 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Unlike my build thread that is more of a documentation in chapter forum of the complete history of the truck, this will be my discussion thread where you guys can join in on the action as well.

In this thread I will post more day to day updates of things that are happening to the truck. You guys can also discuss the build here and give me feedback, suggestions, and help from day to day whenever I may need it.

Click to view:
BUILD THREAD

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Well today I got the last and final piece done to put the engine back together.

With my diesel background, I just couldn't bring myself to put the EGR back on. So I made a block off plate.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Here's a picture of it on the manifold.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Whatcha guys thing?

You must be registered for see images

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I gotta ask horns, why did you paint your new motor orange?

That's the classic Chevy engine color. All of the Chevy blocks were painted hugger orange back in the muscle car era.

Just like most traditional Ford engines are painted Ford Blue.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya I knew that was the classic color, each to there own. I personally dont care for it, old school or new school, just looks out of place to me. I like watching your build thread, great pics.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Ya I knew that was the classic color, each to there own. I personally dont care for it, old school or new school, just looks out of place to me. I like watching your build thread, great pics.

I understand. I like a lot of the history of Chevrolet and stuff so It's just how I like it. But I completely understand why people don't like it.

And thank you. :High 5:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Dude, did you seriously sell your 98? When did that happen? I thought you were hanging on to that thing forever.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yes. Haha. It was bitter sweet. But I sold it to a friend, and I kept the Engine, Trans, T-Case, drive shafts, and interior. He just got the chassis with axles and the body in primer.

I'll probably do it again, but better this time with the 94. I have a lot more knowledge this time around then I used to, so I just wanted to start fresh. Plus with the 94 being my first truck, then it would be something I will keep forever.