DirtRidinZ71 Truck Life. From junk to Camo'd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man your truck is what my truck can only dream of being :/ How much did that wrap run ya? Cheapest I found was around 850
The wrap cost about $1000 CAN when I got it.

truck looks good. did you notice any difference after the spacer and tbi mods?
The spacer was added when I swapped motors, along with new headers, exhaust, lighter truck the engine did work better in this truck.

So far the wrap has held up fine through hunting season with the branches and scratches. Not sure what it will be like it the cold temps. Seems like it will cut easier then.

94K1500

Reaction score
Probably just skip out then. Thinking I might just replace the factory decals and do the rockers up in camo. Your's is definitely nice though, both camo'd and red

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well Just to give a little update on how the wrap held up through hunting season. During the warmer months it was fine, it was left muddy for over a month and just washed off no problems and scratches arent noticeable. Last week was out in -15 temps and must have got up against a good branch or tree and was able to tear/cut it on the bottom body line where it was no pushed in tight (impropper install???).

Now some more pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it but it seems like you went through that first paint job pretty quick. I like the camo look a lot but def just not for a dd. I vote on painting the bumpers and grille in the bed coating like I did mine, looks killer and would go a lot better with camo than chrome.

88gmctruck, I think that camo would look good in the shadow grass pattern with the painted bumpers and grille like I suggested :thumbsup:

SlimT

Reaction score
Truck looks great, how do you like those pitbull tires? Been thinking about getting some, how do they wear/road noise?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
A lot of work put into the projects and it turned out real nice each time.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it but it seems like you went through that first paint job pretty quick. I like the camo look a lot but def just not for a dd. I vote on painting the bumpers and grille in the bed coating like I did mine, looks killer and would go a lot better with camo than chrome.

88gmctruck, I think that camo would look good in the shadow grass pattern with the painted bumpers and grille like I suggested :thumbsup:
The first paint job was not the best, for some reason it didn't stick well to the box. After that just didnt care much and drove it down any trail while hunting. I've been thinking about the black bumpers and grill but I like the chrome.

Truck looks great, how do you like those pitbull tires? Been thinking about getting some, how do they wear/road noise?
I've been pretty impessed with the tires they work very well off road (much better then the claws) and are good in snow too. They are loud though when running at speeds on the pave.