DirtRidinZ71 Truck Life. From junk to Camo'd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it but it seems like you went through that first paint job pretty quick. I like the camo look a lot but def just not for a dd. I vote on painting the bumpers and grille in the bed coating like I did mine, looks killer and would go a lot better with camo than chrome.

88gmctruck, I think that camo would look good in the shadow grass pattern with the painted bumpers and grille like I suggested :thumbsup:

Im not sure how I feel about this post. I think a flat black would add to the cammo, but maybe bring it too far. The cammo pattern deciding would be easy for me, Id run the same stuff my 1 piece is in, it makes you invisible around here.
You must be registered for see images

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trucks looks good and sure has come a long way. What did the camo cost in US dollars. I love it when a member fixes up a older truck and makes it look bad ***.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As I said before, truck looks great. After seeing your truck, I've seriously been contemplating the camo wrap on my 88.

same here

DO IT!!!! Just pick a different pattern, MMMM snow camo...

I know I mentioned to you 88 about it shrinking and with you just looking for a temp fix I wish I had painted in close around my windows too. With the brown door its not noticeable but the red shows through, maybe the darker burgandy like your trucks wont be bad. The bottom body lines are a killer for the wrap.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id probably blast the seems with flat black to hide any screwups on my part. And I want my cammo pattern
You planning on doing the instal yourself? Just from my view on things it would be best to remove the doors to be able to wrap it around the inside of the door itself. Mine is lifting some at the front of the door around the bottom body line and if it had been wrapped around the lip of the door an inch or so I think it would not be a problem. Also with OE front fenders may be better as my door rubs slightly with the thicker material on the door. On the box, start at the back that way your seem is overlapped facing back, mine is the other way and not a problem but to me seems like it would jsut make more sence since most of brancehes would be coming from the front. I notice the shrinking most around my back window, hence why I mentioned painting around windows too. Granted thats not a hard fix, just cut out a patch but I'm going to wait and see how it goes back in the warm temps.

What pattern is your suit realtree hardwoods or a mossyoak pattern?

Heres a couple more pics from recent.

You must be registered for see images attach

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
slick lookin truck man. ive almost never been a fan of full camo but that looks pretty sick.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not 100% going to do it, but I thought the same thing about over lapping towards the rear and wrapping the edges. I know when you paint you need to "envelope" corners so that you a good seal when the paint dries. It only makes sense that the vinyl would want the same thing. As for my suit, I know its realtree, but I cant figure out what the hell they called the pattern back then. I guess I'll stick with real tree and find the closest now a day pattern

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did some cleaning to the truck this week since it was somewhat nice out and it needed it badly! The wrap held up pretty decent over the winter, very little peeling in a spot or two, I did fix one spot where it had shrunk and installer had 'pieced' together. Had a couple other tears in it from the cold and the vinyl being brittle, one from me knocking snow/ice off on the hood. I have had it pretty much one full year now and no regrets of doing the vinyl, still looks good (few minor flaws)

Spot fixed

Interior cleaned up

The wheels after abuse of the winter, I know need new centers and lug nuts

Cleaned up and quick frame paint

I found this old picture of what my first plans were for the trucks paint, still love the 2-tone. Truck was the ol-mans back new in 89.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tried flexing it out on the snowbank, turns out IFS and my truck does not flex :lol:

Rear tire back on the ground

And to think just last weekend got dumped with over a foot of snow and was out on the sleds

Last edited: