DirtRidinZ71 Truck Life. From junk to Camo'd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I love this truck!!!! Looks like it held up nicely. Any plans on painting the grille and mirrors black?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have thought of painting the bumpers and grill black with the 95+ mirrors but then I would still have the polished wheels and no budget for new wheels. Once cleaned up I still like how the chrome looks with the camo too. Only plans are a tool box for the box to hold some more stuff, the regular cab can get growded with guns and gear in the fall.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Only plans are a tool box for the box to hold some more stuff, the regular cab can get growded with guns and gear in the fall.
I know that feeling all too well. And there is literally no storage in 88-94 trucks unless you have buckets and a center console.

After owning my 88 and 02, both of which are regular cab stepsides, you have NO idea how useful a extended cab longbox is.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The center console does help alot with storage in the reg cab granted mine is not a large as a OEM one can still get alot of little things in there. To think I sold the nice buckets and console out of my ext cab! The extra room inside is what I missed most about my old ext cab.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the cleaning didnt last long, went for a little drive today, still to much snow in the woods to go anywhere.

You must be registered for see images attach

blue_blood

Reaction score
awesome truck! how did the lined rocker panels hold up?? the paint is getting a little dinged on mine and was thinking of doing the same thing.... also what about the 4.56 vs 4.88?? ill be doing a lot of highway driving. thoughts??

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome truck! how did the lined rocker panels hold up?? the paint is getting a little dinged on mine and was thinking of doing the same thing.... also what about the 4.56 vs 4.88?? ill be doing a lot of highway driving. thoughts??

Thanks! The rockers werent lined, just some rubberized rocker gaurd, it held up alright, only did it the once.
For alot of highway driving I would stay with the 4.56 gears and 35's. Since I hardly drive my truck on the highway and see more offoad I wish I had gone with the 4.88's but for now its not worth the swap for me now.