Differences of NV4500's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what i was thinking, doesnt seem bad compared to what people are selling them elsewhere. When do you plan on buying?

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what i was thinking, doesnt seem bad compared to what people are selling them elsewhere. When do you plan on buying?

Compared to a rebuild, these seems to be the way to go. It might have to be next year though. We're in the process of selling ours and buying another house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah yes the main reason I slowed my vehicle projects because of the house projects. Understandable. :gr_grin:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'm sure I'm opening up a can of worms and questions here, but I swapped my 88 K1500 350/700R4 to a NV4500 years ago. http://www.gmt400.com/threads/88gmctrucks-nv4500-swap.953/

That should tell you the major components you'll need. Finding the parts from a 92-94 truck would be most ideal. You wont need to much in the way of wiring modifications, just hook up the reverse wiring and the clutch pedal switches (there are two of them, on for starting and one kills cruise control). The hard part is the clutch pedal support you'll need to find a new one to weld in or cut the one out of the donor truck.

Personally, no. I have read reviews on other diesel forums from people that have though. Their quality seems to be very good for the price.
Actually the NV4500 is the same length as a 700R4/4L60E, so there is no modifications needed. Even in the 3/4ton + trucks, gm kept the same crossmember the whole time. The 4L80E is longer and instead of moving things around they used a small piggyback bracket on the crossmember to position the mount where it needed to be.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^ Exactly what I needed!

I searched the forum but nothing showed up. Didn't think there was a write up already.

Actually the NV4500 is the same length as a 700R4/4L60E, so there is no modifications needed. Even in the 3/4ton + trucks, gm kept the same crossmember the whole time. The 4L80E is longer and instead of moving things around they used a small piggyback bracket on the crossmember to position the mount where it needed to be.

I was kinda wondering about that. I know they kept most of the trucks pretty universal to each other.