Did I break my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe I've accomplished that without trying. I have had the battery disconnected numerous times and checked codes numerous times right after which is basically what that says to do. So to me the iac should have been reset

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok been working a lot of hours and haven't been back here for an update, but everything is still the same after trying all suggestions. One thing I wanted to say is at start up it will idle at 1000 for about 20 seconds then climbs quickly to 1500. Will stay consistently at 1500, but if I give it some gas to 2500 instead of dropping back down to 1400 it drops to 2100 and will remain there. This is very consistent, will do this every time. So, is there a possibility this is caused by TPS? Throttle linkage? Or is this just something that happens and has little meaning? Let me know what you guys think. Pretty sure I will put truck in shop this weekend

Reaction score
Do the iac relearn, then look down the little triangle hole to verify it is seated. start your truck (if it will). if it still has a high idle you have a huge vac leak, if not then a bad iac or wiring for the iac. Try that, report back and trouble shoot from there.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the iac relearn, then look down the little triangle hole to verify it is seated. start your truck (if it will). if it still has a high idle you have a huge vac leak, if not then a bad iac or wiring for the iac. Try that, report back and trouble shoot from there.
I have done the relearn completely, and what triangle hole are you referring to?

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If you look down that hole while doing the iac relearn you should notice the iac fully seated in the hole. Yoll see just the tip.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If you look down that hole while doing the iac relearn you should notice the iac fully seated in the hole. Yoll see just the tip.
Ok I will try that because I haven't yet, if I don't see it then I have an iac or wiring problem with the iac correct? I won't be able to try this until tomorrow evening so I will update then.

Reaction score
If you do the iac relearn right you should hear the iac trying to close all the way . kind of a dull buzzing noise and you can feel the iac vibrate. Then just look to see if it does.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update

First I wanna say thanks to all who helped me through this process, was very long and confusing lol but I finally solved the problem. I'm not a mechanic or it wouldve been solved much quicker but I did learn a lot in this process so that's the one positive thing. In the end it was my iac connector, no idea why I couldn't figure that out with the tests I was doing but anyways, problem solved. Thanks again everybody. I now know to be a lot more careful and in depth when trying to diagnose something.