Detailing photos/discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
That's awesome news on the new job! Not a bad mystery either. The car shampoo is top notch, and so is the brilliant glaze. Good stuff.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's awesome news on the new job! Not a bad mystery either. The car shampoo is top notch, and so is the brilliant glaze. Good stuff.

Thanks! I start Thursday and I'm really excited to learn something new. I was hoping for some deep wheel cleaner, and buttery wax. I'm going to a truck show this weekend and I'll be picking up some more of their products. Where I got hired actually is having a classic car show and they asked me to bring my car and have it nice and detailed so I'm going to give it a nice clay bar, glaze, and wax.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I start Thursday and I'm really excited to learn something new. I was hoping for some deep wheel cleaner, and buttery wax. I'm going to a truck show this weekend and I'll be picking up some more of their products. Where I got hired actually is having a classic car show and they asked me to bring my car and have it nice and detailed so I'm going to give it a nice clay bar, glaze, and wax.
Heads up on the deep wheel cleaner. Its good. Real good. So good, that you can dilute it about 4:1 it it still works fine. Only two issues I have with it.
1 is price. It's expensive. I dilute it, and only use it for the initial cleaning. Let it cut the road grime etc, then use purple power or dawn.

2 is the smell. Could knock out a horse. Be careful.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heads up on the deep wheel cleaner. Its good. Real good. So good, that you can dilute it about 4:1 it it still works fine. Only two issues I have with it.
1 is price. It's expensive. I dilute it, and only use it for the initial cleaning. Let it cut the road grime etc, then use purple power or dawn.

2 is the smell. Could knock out a horse. Be careful.

Yeah, I know the stuff is expensive. I figured I should invest in some for my parents vehicles because they hardly ever get washed. My dad's Ridgeline hasn't been washed since December.

The chemicals we use where I work currently are bad too. I have a can of the Meguiar's insane shine aerosol. After doing all 4 tires I have a splitting headache. Hardly use it because of the headache, and it slings. Looks amazing though.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adams tire shine. It's the best.

I like it a lot, it goes on easy, smell is alright. I still have a bottle of Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel and I think it has the best shine (not counting the Insane stuff) but doesn't last nearly as long as the Adam's product. Plus its messy and hard to apply but looks good in the end.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the Adams shine isn't the best. The Meguiar's beats it hands down. But if you wait 15 minutes and then lay another coat, it's close.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I took a read through this and didn't find any answers to my questions, so I figured I'd just ask them here instead of making a new thread. My truck has quite a lot of metal on it, I'm talking both bumpers, trim all around the bottom, box rails and nerf bars. And to be honest, I'm tired of polishing all that by hand haha. I'm considering buying mother's powerball, but does anyone have any better ideas or suggestions on what product to use? Maybe something that you found to work well on your own GMT400 bumpers/trim?

Also, I have the chrome grille and that black rubber trim all the way around with that strip of metallic looking plastic (I think it's plastic), any tips on how to care for those?

I was also thinking I could use the powerball with some back to black on that black trim and the rear bumper, but does anyone have any suggestions for a better product? It's such a pain to get that stuff all done properly by hand and I find it doesn't really even last the month before it's looking dull grey again.

I'll post a pic later of the truck so you can see what I'm working with. Thanks in advance for any help.