Detailing photos/discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Though some people here would like to show off what they can do and share advice on products and such. Here are some pics of cool cars I did paint correction on. I have so many pics, but these are from the past 2 days.
You must be registered for see images attach

I used 22ple on this boss 302. Looks amazing, like glass.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Manomanoman! The Prancing Horses! I wanna thrash on one soooo bad! Within an inch of it's life! Till it's huffin' & puffin' & foamin' at the mouth!
Since I was a little kid, there was always some kinda magic in the words 'Ferrari' & 'Porsche'. Enzo & Ferdinand were mechanical engineering genius'!

I'm a detail freak too. I've waxed my door & tailgate jambs. Pressure wash, then WD-40 the whole undercarriage. 2 or 3X a year.
Pull into a gas station & some kid's selling some kinda miracle goop.
I say..."Look.", and flip my seat forward so he can see the 10 or so bottles of various polishes, waxes, detail sprays, tire dressings, sponges, rags, clothes, & microfiber towels.
He says. (dejectedly) ..."oh." Walks away.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Lol pulling the super snake into the shop was an experience I won't forget! Wish I could take it for a spin!! The owners wife is bringing me her BMW on Tuesday, she was impressed with my skills I guess!

So what's your favorite medium compound for swirls and light scratches with the DA? I use meguires detailers professional choice correction compound and love it. I get it by the gallon!
My banged up truck has some goodies in the back aswell!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well, I've got some good stuff. Ones I keep returning too. And a bunch of stuff that's just crap. I remember them by sight, so I couldn't recite you names off the top of my head. I'll get some pix tomorrow.
I like McGuire's stuff. Like the NXT 2.0 wax. Got a bottle of one of their products that's absolute crap, though. Created more probs than it cured!
Have some 3M stuff that's my 'go to' product. Old Fart Syndrome. I can see it in my mind's eye, but the name? Ain't there!
Some are a pain to apply, but the results! So worthwhile!
I'll post up the list when I can go look & figure out what the h#ll all this stuff is! Lol!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Nxt 2.0 is really good wax, I use the paste on most customer cars. I use black cherry glaze before waxing on black cars, lol I forgot what brand it is, but I recommend you try it on your truck and apply nxt2.0 over it. If you havnt already, but some Adams car wash soap it's the best in my opinion. It doesn't strip wax, ph balances the water and doesn't make water spots, I'm sure you hate water spots with having a black truck!!!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Cool! A detailing thread. Fits right in with the business I want to open. I have some photos of a few cars I've done a few months ago. As for wax, I've always used Meguiars products, armor all for interior, Killerwaxx and Killerwash for my baby though. Good stuff. Have an array of Killerwaxx materials, metal polish, wash, wax, spray detailer, plastic cleaner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Cool! A detailing thread. Fits right in with the business I want to open. I have some photos of a few cars I've done a few months ago. As for wax, I've always used Meguiars products, armor all for interior, Killerwaxx and Killerwash for my baby though. Good stuff. Have an array of Killerwaxx materials, metal polish, wash, wax, spray detailer, plastic cleaner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thats good you want to open your own shop! I created Mile High Detail LLC, but currently I am contracted by other shops to stay busy. I had shoulder surgery and over winter business dies down a lot so I couldn't pay rent for the shop space I was sharing. Hopefully I will have a new location by the end of summer.

I have never tried killerwaxx products, where do you find them?

Compounds are the one product I found the hardest to find what works for me, if I need to use the rotary and wool or foam pads I stick with 3m perfect it rubbing compound, but most of the time my DA can fix the paint with a cutting pad and the meguires correction compound.

My current car is a 2002 esky that is trashed, black of course. The guy doesn't want a paint job so I'm going to town on it. I quoted him $700 score!!! I'll take some before pics tomorrow. If you do a few black cars correctly, word flies and you will get nothing but black cars. Around here I think I'm the only detailer who doesn't leave buffertrails all over black cars!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It seems like I'm the only one who does not like the Meguiar's NXT 2.0 wax. I prefer using their Carnauba Gold Class wax over the NXT stuff on my vehicles and the few cars I do for family or friends. Honestly that was the only product I dislike from Meguiar's, they're the only company I use. I'd like to try some of the Adam's polishes and stuff though...