Detailing photos/discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
yeah i mean i use quite a lot of pads from wool, micro fiber and foam. Since i am certified by meguiar's I use them. If i have an issue with they way they perform I contact them, problem solved. They all have positives and negatives.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Got my HF polisher today. Ran it across a (black) hood just to give it a try. Holy cow. Got a killer finish in 5 minutes, and didn't use hardly any wax. I think I'm in love.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
yeah man! i told you those are the best bang for your buck out there. and best of all it comes with a backing plate all ready to go. I have started my new mobile detailing business, Perfection Detail LLC. I have my first customer tomorrow, its a black infinity suv all messed up so i am going to bust out my bag of tricks and impress this lady!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

obviously the trailer isnt fully loaded in this photo, but you get the idea. I want a water tank for my truck bed. I already have a generator so i would be set!

Last edited:

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
yeah man! i told you those are the best bang for your buck out there. and best of all it comes with a backing plate all ready to go. I have started my new mobile detailing business, Perfection Detail LLC. I have my first customer tomorrow, its a black infinity suv all messed up so i am going to bust out my bag of tricks and impress this lady!
Post pics of the destruction! Err, repair! Post the end result pics!

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
32 oz bottles of M205 and M105 came in the mail. Stuff smells like heaven. Also have assorted microfiber and foam pads on the way. Will call upon the power of the detail God's next week and try everything on a Jaguar XLJ, I'm puuuumped!

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have started my new mobile detailing business, Perfection Detail LLC. I have my first customer tomorrow, its a black infinity suv all messed up so i am going to bust out my bag of tricks and impress this lady!

Slick setup! I'd need to have a place to sleep in my trailer if I had a mobile business. My details take waaay too long.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
32 oz bottles of M205 and M105 came in the mail. Stuff smells like heaven. Also have assorted microfiber and foam pads on the way. Will call upon the power of the detail God's next week and try everything on a Jaguar XLJ, I'm puuuumped!
Which machine polisher do you prefer? I prefer my PC7424XP.

TA4S

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Which machine polisher do you prefer? I prefer my PC7424XP.

TA4S
I just use a DA polisher from Harbor Freight. It's a lot cheaper than the PC, but performs very well. I don't own a PC, but from my brief time around one, I would say Harbor Freight was doing their best to clone the Porter Cable.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got some good news!

I was driving home from work the other day and I live near a garage/rapid lube/sales lot and their sign out front said "Hiring Full Time Detailer apply within" so I went home, changed wiped down my Nova and drove up and applied. Got an interview instantly and a call on Thursday saying that they would like to hire me. Getting $2 more an hour, longer lunch break, and I can walk to work and save gas money! Best part of it? They're sending me to the Meguiar's detailing class to be certified and paying every cent. Plus they said if there's any specialty classes that come up they will pay for those as well! I'll also be transporting cars to local auto auctions and moving vehicles around on the lot (only like 25 cars).

Also, I ordered one of the Adam's Polishes mystery boxes. Looks like its only 3.1 pounds so I didn't get anything great but I'll be sure to post what I get on Tuesday.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bottle of car shampoo, brilliant glaze, and a single soft towel in my Adam's mystery box. I paid $29.98 shipped and the total of the products would have been about $44 so I can't complain. Was hoping for some buttery wax or paint sealant.