Dedicated "car" vacuum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'd like to get a little battery powered hand held vacuum for vehicle use. Just something to keep things clean, not bring it back from the dead. I figure if I have something small and handy, I'm more likely to keep it up.

What do you have and reccomend? I was looking at Menard's and they have a couple of cheap ones.... a Dirt Devil, and a Black&Decker Dustbuster.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I have a Harbor Freight Bauer dust buster. Thing does better than my house sweeper so I take it in the house when it's time to sweep up now. I think their Hercules brand is a step above that but so far I'm happy with my Bauer stuff.
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the Lil Bauer garage blower sticking out in there too. Use it to blow out interiors too. Says 200mph wind but even if not it gets all the leaves n dust blowed off the seats if I forget n leave the windows down.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, I went with a big ass Rigid shop-vac and I've loved it, but it's a bit cumbersome. Usually whenever I bust out the pressure washer the shop-vac isn't far behind. I understand the want for something compact and ergonomic in a way, it's a bear to bust out my 9-gallon shop vac and run the extension cord to where I clean.

I've been debating on getting the Milwaukee M18 compact vacuum for quick cleaning on vehicles and something to throw in the camper when I go on trips. Debating between the M18 or M12 version;
Milwaukee M18 Compact Vacuum
Milwaukee M12 Compact Vacuum

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a DeWalt battery powered hand held vac I use for just that purpose and it works great mine came with hose and a bunch of attachments.