Decisions, decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhh....a nice afternoon drive with the wife and kid, and who cares what size they are if the fit and drive down the road. :deal:

I just ran over to Klamath yesterday and got a set of tires for the van...

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I found a 94 Vette, LT1, T-56, and a Dana 44 with less than 100k for $2000.00. Frame is tweaked, but I wouldnt be using that part anyway. Wish I had something to sell..... Anybody in Southern Oregon want a custom Extracab that isnt running because the freezeplugs popped out?
Corey, i felt the need to update this thread.
Most of the parts I need have been ordered for your old truck. A side note on your old truck, I'm going to paint the engine like the truck. The block and heads will be the lower green color, the valve covers intake and air filter will be black and I will use the "magenta" stripe color around the flange of the valve covers. I will also throw on an aluminum timing cover as well (I have it left over from a previous build).
I was suggesting the stroker kit for your build and yeah, the price is a bit higher than I thought but 10.7 CR with those heads sure would work well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eagle-Sbc-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7c8c8237&vxp=mtr

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Nice to know that the truck is being saved, especially by a fellow forum member! I've always liked that truck. Kudo's good sir!

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like it will work! I may have to drop by and help a bit....for old times sake, of course. It really is a great truck and Im happy its going to someone who will appreciate her. That stroker kit wont fit the LT-1, btw, the one from the same vendor for an LT-1 is a couple hundred more.....Unfortunately, not in the budget...

On another note, if you wanted to swap in the 305 out of the red truck, it would be a bolt in....Most likely have to do the same refresh job on it, but its TBI also...

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I picked up a LT1 last night. Already have the TPI. Just need to refresh it-maybe even completely rebuild it.....and I need an 0411 one of these days...

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like it will work! I may have to drop by and help a bit....for old times sake, of course. It really is a great truck and Im happy its going to someone who will appreciate her. That stroker kit wont fit the LT-1, btw, the one from the same vendor for an LT-1 is a couple hundred more.....Unfortunately, not in the budget...

On another note, if you wanted to swap in the 305 out of the red truck, it would be a bolt in....Most likely have to do the same refresh job on it, but its TBI also...
You have "visitation rights"! I thought the rotating assembly was the same in an lt1. The problem with the 305 is that I would have a V8.I would want to modify it then the tranny would be questionable for strength, mpg and tires would be gone. Nope, i'll stick with the 4.3. Would the 305 be a candidate to basically drop in the caballero?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '80 Camino came with a 305. That inhabited the engine bay for about a month after I bought it. Engine had no probs other than having no balls! Dropped in a mildly built 350. Definite improvement!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '80 Camino came with a 305. That inhabited the engine bay for about a month after I bought it. Engine had no probs other than having no balls! Dropped in a mildly built 350. Definite improvement!
If I was keeping the caballero I would do a 350/700R4 but this one will be going up for sale. As long as it is a sbc that doesn't smoke or knock I will be happy.