Decisions, decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, every time I uncover another layer, I'm shocked. I guess I should tell the story of how it came to be in my possession. See, I was going to just try and rebuild the engine in my truck and be happy with what I had. But it seems the Man upstairs had a better idea and forgot to send me the memo. So one day I get this PM from Tinbender asking me for my address. So I asked him why he needed that, and he said he was sending me something. Then he added "seeing as how you have a daughter who is a student missionary, you'll understand who told me to send this to you. Now I was curious. The only thing we had ever really talked about was his extra TPI setup. But I figured I was just wishful thinking.

So then this (heavy) box shows up, and sure enough, it's this TPI setup. So I call him to thank him and he proceeds to tell me this story of how he just had this impression to send it to me. But the kicker was that the day I got the box, some guy calls him up and gives him a whole TPI motor. I thought it was pretty cool....

So, then I needed to find myself an LT1. Looked through Craigslist day after day and one day there's this complete LT1 In there for $250. I didn't have $250, so, on this forum, I mention that I needed to sell my custom 93 ecsb that had been sitting for about 8 years. Long story short, Skylark bought it. So, I called the guy with the LT1 to see if he still had it (2 weeks later) and he did. So that day after work I went over to look at it. But before I did, I said to God, "You know I don't have any money to waste, and you know I need to get my truck running.....OK, I would LIKE to get my truck running." "So, if this motor is a good one, and if it's the one I need, have him come down in price a little." Now, I knew what LT1s were going for around here. And even non running ones were getting $5-600 all the way up to $2500 for good running ones, so I knew there was no way he was coming down.

So I get there, and this motor is sitting on the ground beside his garage with a holey tarp over it he tells me it blew a head gasket, over heated, and that the car had 125k on it. So I asked him whether he thought the heads might be cracked-he had no idea. So anyway, this guy is a professional mechanic, and he knew exactly what an LT1 was. So I asked him if he would take $225, and he says, "Just give me $200 and get it out of here." Which I did.

Yep, God takes care of me.....

Last edited: