decent inexpensive shocks for lifted/leveled truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so im looking into getting some new shocks for my truck as i have stockers with 150k on them

my truck is cranked and AAL so it has a lil lift to it

now i was looking at either some pro comp es9000 that are ~2" lift shocks for about 160 from 4wheel parts

or the bilstein 5100 shocks from 4wheelparts for $300

or the pro comp mx-6 shocks for $350

the es9000 will prolly be better than what i have now, but i know that everyone loves the bilsteins too

the mx-6 are nice but im not sure if i really need/want a set of adjustable shocks for just my dd/tow rig

any ideas or suggestions on those or anyother decent shocks

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
if you want something better than you got get the procomp basic ones. i love bilstein and for the price you can never go wrong. work great and look awesome. i was goin to go with the 5100 but i upgraded to 5150 last minute since they are designed for larger tires

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im thinking i might get the es9000, only $160 for those or double that for the bilsteins....they have to be better than what i have now

just not sure if i want to spend double the money on shocks or not

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a former owner of a Pro Comp lift, I got rid of the pro crap shock quickly, horrid, welding your frame to the axles would give you a better ride and more flex. Id go for Bilsteins for something that is a daily driver.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i was going to...but i think that money would be better spent towards a new truck or moving out......so if it sells good...if it doesnt sell by the time i get back from the ozarks the first week of aug it will prolly go on and body lift come off....but as of right now i want to sell it

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Def go with the es9000s for your application. Everyone will have their little horror stories about this and that, but I wouldn't buy into that too much. Es9000 should be a great improvement over what you got.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pro comp 9000 shocks look to be the same deal as the superlift superride shocks, just a cheapo gas shock? I had ran the superlift shocks for years before switching to the biltseins 5100. Truck is much more planted on rough roads, rides seemed a little stiffer though but not much. IMO worth the extra $$$

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, like I originally I said, bilstein is the most research and engineering for your $ aka the much better shock.