Debadge info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's getting repainted anyway you might as well try it. In a pinch I've used lacquer thinner to remove extremely stubborn nastiness. I do NOT recommend doing this on paint you really care about, and do NOT rub too hard. Make sure you wash everything it touches thoroughly. Extremely last resort type of thing.

EDIT - Honestly I'm really surprised the 3M adhesive remover didn't get it. That stuff cuts 99% of the grime I've thrown at it, just have to let it soak in a little before you attack. Are you sure you didn't get the weird California safe formula? They have two versions. The all black can is the one you want.

Last edited:

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know you said you used a wire wheel but have you used a eraser wheel? Sell them at most autoparts stores or paint shops. It attaches to a drill as well and will remove glue and stuff like that.

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I debadged, I used the eraser wheel exclusively. Took it all off in able an hour per side.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I'll third an eraser wheel. It's the best I've used. Don't hold it in one spot for long. It will burn the paint off.

Pappy's 88

Reaction score
Eraser Wheel Is the way to go! I used 2 or 3 of them to strip the fake wood off my Wagoneer.
It left the paint intact and was pretty fast.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I used a type of lighter fluid (used for open fire bbq, also removes wax), a heatgun, papertowle and my thumbs. It took forever and my thumbs hurt like hell but it did work. I know alot of people here on the forum used an eraser wheel, just don't go to fast or you could damage the paint.