Debadge info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonka329

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up guys. Took all of the nameplates, trims and mouldings off my truck. I tried to wire wheel the foam adhesive off and all it does is get hot and smear even more. Are there any tips, tools or tricks in removing this stuff? I even tried a spray can of heavy duty 3M adhesive remover and it won't even touch it... Thanks in advance!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Try some lighter fluid for Zippo's. Or butane. Camp stove fuel. It's all the same stuff.
It evaporates quickly so you can only do about 12-18" at a time.
Pour some on a rag & rub it onto the glue. Still need a bit of elbow grease to get it done.
Don't smoke!
It won't hurt the paint, but it'd probably be a good idea to give the area a shot of some wax.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Zippo fluid is naphtha, butane is a gas, I think sewlow misspoke. Camp fuel is denatured alcohol.

I've found rubbing alcohol is a good place to start, let it absorb for a few minutes and see if it's making the adhesive gooey, then wipe off what's soft, repeat. Naphtha and denatured alcohol evaporate really quick and are a little more aggressive. I try to use less aggressive first and work my way up. Some adhesives will soften with wd40, some won't.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thanks! ^^^ You're right. That was supposed to say 'not' butane. Didn't read it before I posted.
I carry a Zippo. I've used a bunch of different stuff to get it to burn, in a pinch! Camp stove fuel worked pretty good! Lol!
I use naptha in the shop to clean a lot of different stuff.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I apparently didn't proofread my response either with my "dentures" alcohol. Fixed it.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
It'll actually break down your clear. I wouldn't.