Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
It is finally final assembly week. I have to go to the scrap yard today to try to find a drivers B pillar panel, I broke it looking for a door lock short that would up being a corroded orange wire from the conversion. These are the last two parts I painted, hung them and got zero dirt in them this time. I should have it back on the road this week, you know, if nothing else goes wrong.

You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I should have my truck complete tonight or in the morning. All I like is installing the radio, chip gaurding the rocker panels, black painting the rocker backing plates, black painting frame below cab and installing step bars. I have been working on dads truck a little bit this week. I put an aluminum driveshaft in it, redhead steering box, and a lares 205 rag joint. It runs smooth to 100 and steers tight as my 2010 civic. Now I have some ideas for future mods on mine.

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Had a pretty good night, except clear chip gaurd is not clear, gotta sand and shoot a little base and clear over it before I can put my step bars on, but other than that I drove it some today and it was good to be back in the drivers seat.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I put 12k worth on insurance on it today, had to get a shop to appraise it, full coverage on 4k book wouldn't replace it.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
It seems every time I fix one thing 2 more pop up. After driving it a few miles I noticed I have no interior lights and the a/c compressor is not engaging. I have no power to my compressor on any wire, and the little orange wire that runs down by the kick panel for the interior lights has no power. All my fuses/relays check out, I changed the air control.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I'm gonna post this is the electronics section, I need help. I guess these could be two separate issues, when I went to check the pressure on the low side there was a leak, I tightened the valve up and the foamy looking leak stopped. Could it just be to low to turn on? How do I paper clip to get it to take freon? I was worried at first, when I checked it was over 80 psi, but I read it it doesn't run it will be equal on both sides? Maybe the interior is totally separate.

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I jumped the two wires over that plug on the back of the compressor(low side?), one had power, but after that I still had no power at the top plug. Not sure what else to check.