Deadbeats 1997 Centurion Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I put the rubber back on the doors, put the denali handles inside, put handles outside, and wired the rear door speakers. Got the front door panels on, I really like how they look, I was considering not using the woodgrain switch covers but after installing them I really like them.

You must be registered for see images attach

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Well I was under the truck the other day and noticed that on the bottom of the frame there was a small gap between the two sections. When I bought the truck it had separated a little so I cleaned it all out good and hammered it back together sealed with POR patch seam sealer. This had cracked so this time I mig welded the whole overlap sections together and will seal it again. I don't know why they tacked everything and didn't tack the bottom. I guess they hate welding up off a creaper on your belly sucks as bad as I do, wait wait...., they had a lift. Those scrapes and other holes are where I had a different driveshaft in here and moved my cross member forward.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Lay a 2x4 or something in front of you if you have to lay down and weld under the truck. It always kept me from burning myself with drippy puddles and big weld berries.

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I got most of the truck back together but was not happy with the bed/cab paint match. Where the cab was painted while it was much warmer it had a lot more metallic showing. I fixed the dent I missed in the hood, priming one spot to block where it was wavy, and I am gonna fix the two waves in the doors since it is all gonna be sprayed again. I have the tailgate, rear fender flares, and plastic ready to prime today and I am getting the glass put back in. Interior is in with headliner down for glass, but complete except for the radio and the seat belts. It shouldn't be that much of a job just to mask it and shoot it all again this weekend, or in theory, but I said it shouldn't be too big of a job to paint it back in December.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I put the rear flares on after this pic, the whole thing is getting resprayed hopefully by Wednesday of next week. Here it is with the glass in it and mostly back together. I blocked the hood out and the tail gate and re primed and will probably paint them tomorrow. The plan is to the take Sunday off and paint the drivers side Monday.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Thanks you sir, can't wait to get it all back together. New Bumpers, grille, headlights, and I have the wind gaurds for the door windows, and westin step bars.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
One side ready to put back together (dirty though), one side ready for final prime and wetsand,mask, and paint. Those doors were wavy, hopefully after sanding with the 17 inch by 2 3/4 block with 180 they are straight now.