ddm tuning hid kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you have to get projectors or can you use the stock headlights?

You can use stock headlights, just know that they're not optimal. Also note that HID bulbs don't have painted glare tips like 9006 lowbeam halogen bulbs do and your stock headlamps aren't shielded, so you will be causing glare for other drivers. 99% of aftermarket projector lenses pretty much suck ass, so that's not an optimal route either.

The best way to do it would be to buy a set of clear headlights and then get a pair of projectors from a vehicle designed for HIDs and then retrofit those HID projectors into the clear headlights. This route is much more expensive and labor intensive, so it's just not feasible for most who want HIDs.

The compromise is to find a good set of headlights that have glare shields over the lowbeam bulb. This shield is very important to reduce dangerous glare to other drivers. There are a few different shielded headlights out there that you can buy, but from my experiences, the ONLY ones I will recommend are the TYC Elegante headlights.

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
What all is necessary to do a projectors? I remember a thread on FSC about it but I didn't go to far into it(~2-3 pages) and they had leaking headlights.

mudrider420

Reaction score
i agree, projectors suck ass. i had them on my last truck, and boy, do they suck. it was alright at first, but it started leaking and the light output was worst than the stock headlights.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
most people think that projectors have less out put because of how it is focus to the bottom and not to everywhere. Aftermarket projectors are typically pretty bad, though I have seen a few good ones. OEM projectors are mush better.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When the output actually is less, then it's just not cool. The big issue is that most aftermarket projectors have too focused of a beam with not much peripheral lighting. I had a set with a narrower beam than my stream of piss. They didn't stay with me long.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I had a set of IPCW's when they first came out, terrible, couldn't see anything, they got sold.