ddm tuning hid kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have some on my truck man bought them about 2 months ago paid 30 bucks shippeed work real good man i am going to buy a couple of sets for x-mas presents for my brothers recommend you getting some work good for me and other members of another forum that am on.........am using 35w

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive done a few installs using the DDM stuff and have not had any problems what so ever with them.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DDM Tuning sells good stuff. I have a set of their HIDs and love 'em.

35w is all you'll need. 35w HIDs are many times brigher than your stock halogens. 55w HIDs are just total overkill unless you're using them in an auxiliary lighting capacity.

When it comes to color temperature, the whiter the better. OEM HIDs are all around 4300K, so keep that in mind when choosing. The higher the Kelvin (K) temperature, the bluer the light. The bluer the light, the less useable light you get from them. When you get into the 8000K+ temps, you're also getting so blue that you'll be looking a possible legal issues too.

You must be registered for see images attach

I would also recommend the relay harness for your truck. DDM calls it the "dual in/dual out harness."

I would also suggest a hi-4 relay as well.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
DDM Tuning sells good stuff. I have a set of their HIDs and love 'em.

35w is all you'll need. 35w HIDs are many times brigher than your stock halogens. 55w HIDs are just total overkill unless you're using them in an auxiliary lighting capacity.

When it comes to color temperature, the whiter the better. OEM HIDs are all around 4300K, so keep that in mind when choosing. The higher the Kelvin (K) temperature, the bluer the light. The bluer the light, the less useable light you get from them. When you get into the 8000K+ temps, you're also getting so blue that you'll be looking a possible legal issues too.

You must be registered for see images attach

I would also recommend the relay harness for your truck. DDM calls it the "dual in/dual out harness."

I would also suggest a hi-4 relay as well.

I thought the relay harness was only for the 96+ trucks, I thought someone said that on the 95s and under, they got by without the harness. What is the "dual in/dual out" for?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the relay harness was only for the 96+ trucks, I thought someone said that on the 95s and under, they got by without the harness.

I've installed them on my '91 and '94 without the harness and haven't had any issues, but it's a good idea to have the harness on all of our trucks. It's just cheap piece of mind.

What is the "dual in/dual out" for?

I dunno. That's just what DDM calls their relay harness.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run the ddm kit and it is a great kit. I had a relay go already in my harness but I think some coolant actually leaked on it and that's what did it in. I would definitely recommend them as I've had good experience with them.