ddm tuning hid kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I have a set of DDM HIDs an love them. I got the 35w 6000k and they make a world of difference in visibility. I didn't use a harness I just used the kit and was good to go

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys! i'm gonna be looking into the 5000k 35w. once i get my new headlight assembly's also gonna do the 4 hi mod. what is the benefit to the 2in/2out harness?

I personally have the 5000k lights on mine and I just put a=the same set in my buddys truck and the only difference is that he ordered the 55 watt kit and i am now disappointed in mine. I wanted the true WHITE and I have a slight bluish purpleish cast. So if you are ordering the 5000k for the white light, get the 55 watt. I will be ordering the 55 watt balasts.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally have the 5000k lights on mine and I just put a=the same set in my buddys truck and the only difference is that he ordered the 55 watt kit and i am now disappointed in mine. I wanted the true WHITE and I have a slight bluish purpleish cast. So if you are ordering the 5000k for the white light, get the 55 watt. I will be ordering the 55 watt balasts.

If you want the whitest you can buy, just get the 4500K. 55w is overkill for lowbeams. Period.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want the whitest you can buy, just get the 4500K. 55w is overkill for lowbeams. Period.

i disagree with anyone who thinks there is such a thing as over kill for any head light.

The wife's G5 is equipped with projector low and fog with ddm 55w hi, low, and fog..... all 4500k. Living in the country we actually need all 6 on at the same time. Hi beams will never light up the close stuff as well as a low beam, and fog lights illuminate the ditches better than the lows. That being said though, we also have projector lenses to keep the glare down and focus the light much better. But you simply can not have too much light when driving at night.

night shot
You must be registered for see images attach

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i disagree with anyone who thinks there is such a thing as over kill for any head light.

The wife's G5 is equipped with projector low and fog with ddm 55w hi, low, and fog..... all 4500k. Living in the country we actually need all 6 on at the same time. Hi beams will never light up the close stuff as well as a low beam, and fog lights illuminate the ditches better than the lows. That being said though, we also have projector lenses to keep the glare down and focus the light much better.

A G5 with projectors tells me that the headlights are aftermarket. It also tells me that you don't have 6 lights on highs, still just 4 since the G5/Cobalt both use the same single-bulb headlights. I've never seen any aftermarket projectors that were worth a damn, so I don't doubt that you pretty much need 55w just to be able to see anything.

But you simply can not have too much light when driving at night.

This is true if you're driving down a dark country road with no other cars around. I've been on the receiving end of some jackass with ill-aimed, ridiculous blue 55w HIDs. I wanted to run the dipshit off the road.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A G5 with projectors tells me that the headlights are aftermarket. It also tells me that you don't have 6 lights on highs, still just 4 since the G5/Cobalt both use the same single-bulb headlights. I've never seen any aftermarket projectors that were worth a damn, so I don't doubt that you pretty much need 55w just to be able to see anything.

Car came stock without fogs and yes single bulb for hi/low. After market projectors assemblys with separate hi/lo bulbs that I retro fit S2000 lenses in. Then when we swapped the cobalt SS body kit on, we added the oem projector fogs. The fogs are relayed by me to come on whenever the low beams are on. Then when I did the hi 4 I made sure to have all 6 on at once.