cutting the droop stops down on the frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Im going to look int the balljoint flip, Im not sure if I can or not with 15" 0 offset wheels, but its worth a try. Thanks guys I hadnt thought of that. If not Im going to just trim the drop stops. I guess decranking it just a bit wont hurt for a while.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Your '94 has 15" wheels? Does it have the smaller discs or something? Now I'm even more curious :p

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
No it has normal disks these wheels where bought by my dad years ago for his 94 GMC ECSB 6 lug 2500. They are like a 15x8 ZERO offset with aprox 3.5 to 3.75 back space the center of the wheel is real thick. I dont remember the details but they was marketed as being made for these trucks Now I think even the company is belly up because I cannot find the hub caps anywhere.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ah I see, they were prolly machined to fit the larger rotors. With a 0 offset, they must stick out a good bit. Gotta pic from the front corner to show how far they stick out? I saw the other pic and it looks mean! :D

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got american racing rims on my 94 that are 15 inch and there is no rubbing on the rotor......

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh my bad then.....I'd thought for some reason that the K's had upsized rotors compared to the C's. My c1500 with american racing outlaw-II's has about....ummm, I think ~1" between backing plate and inner wheel "drum" area.....I haven't a clue wtf they call that part of the wheel. How much gap does your AR wheels have in that area? I didn't think they'd actually rub considering there would only be 1/2" less space, just haven't seen any that I know of. In the last few years, tire companies are making more options available in 16+ than in 15, so you don't see many 4x4's with 15's, except some yota's and other ***-crap.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know the 16s on our nbs are like half and inch all the way around from rubbing the rotor, only thin stopping it is the offest, and the 94 had just a little bit or clearance with the stock 16s, ohh and nice pulling the im to young and dont know anything card... its not the first