Crash’s C2500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sprayed some sound dampener on the back wall to remove vibration. There will be carpet over this when i swap the carpet out.

You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my trans mount was shot, replaced it yesterday. Shifts much better now. Tie rods hopefully today.

Looking good!

I picked up a tranny that has a mount that looks like this, but mine doesn't have that threaded bolt. Where did you pick it up? I'm swapping into my 99 1500 Silverado, so I don't know if they are the same mount between the different trannies. Will have to wait to remove it...

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good!

I picked up a tranny that has a mount that looks like this, but mine doesn't have that threaded bolt. Where did you pick it up? I'm swapping into my 99 1500 Silverado, so I don't know if they are the same mount between the different trannies. Will have to wait to remove it...
What trans is in it? I got this mount at autozone.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What trans is in it? I got this mount at autozone.

It's a '95 C2500 4L80e. Going into my 99 Silverado that currently has a 4L60e. The mount on the 80e hardly has any rubber left. Maybe they'll interchange? Probably just better to compare the two when I take it apart?

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a '95 C2500 4L80e. Going into my 99 Silverado that currently has a 4L60e. The mount on the 80e hardly has any rubber left. Maybe they'll interchange? Probably just better to compare the two when I take it apart?

I’ll do some research, but I believe it should have a threadEd bolt pointed down

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coming together good! Makes me want to get my C3500 done quicker lol. I've got the 88-93 GMC grille on mine, but prefer the 94+ grille and found the grille I need and will be buying it eventually. Mine has the same 2 piece driveshaft setup and is a RCLB but I'm 350/TH400. Sub'd to see where this goes lol!

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coming together good! Makes me want to get my C3500 done quicker lol. I've got the 88-93 GMC grille on mine, but prefer the 94+ grille and found the grille I need and will be buying it eventually. Mine has the same 2 piece driveshaft setup and is a RCLB but I'm 350/TH400. Sub'd to see where this goes lol!

my original 98 grille was shot, this is a GM original 91 grille, just so i wouldnt have to swap lights and such over, but im really debating the later 90s GMC grilles...just due to i like the bright light and such, but i just cant pull the trigger on it when i have so many drivability things to fix.