Cowl panel center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am thinking about painting the cowl panel center (windshield washer nozzle deal) the same color as my truck. I think it is a good idea and cant imagine it being hard to do. Has anyone does this or thought about it and when I go to do this im pretty sure i would have to wet sand it but not sure, what kind of grit would I want to use.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
All those fins would be a pain to sand. I'd give it (actually 3 pieces) a light going over in a glass beader. Along with a coat of adhesion promoter before paint. That oughta give something for the paint to glom onto.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sanding it would be a real pain but just easier to get a hold of. I dont know of anyone with a glass beader and they seem to be alot of money for this one time deal. I could probably have a shop do it but kinda wanted to do it my self for the joy of it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There are places around here that have glass beaders & sand blasters where you can go to their shop and rent the equipment by the hour or fraction of. You use the equipment in their shop. Not really portable stuff.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
use the primer for plastic that krylon makes,that adheres to the plastic giving you a solid base to paint over just wipe it down with prep-sol before priming it

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At least Scotch brite w a red pad, paint doesn't stick to smooth surfaces, you'll wish scuffed it after it starts peeling.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
At least Scotch brite w a red pad, paint doesn't stick to smooth surfaces, you'll wish scuffed it after it starts peeling.

This abd adhesion promoter I did mine about a yr ago

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This abd adhesion promoter I did mine about a yr ago

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
adhesion promoter is ok for a little while, a few years later and usually get problems. some people get lucky, i dont like to chance things.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
With all of the un color matched parts on your truck I don't see why that's the first thing you would want to match. But if you do it might be easier to use coats of high build primer in between sanding. It might take a little less to brake the texture down.