Considering Installing a Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a fleetside NBS Rear Bumper on a fleetside OBS truck ?

If so, was it a direct bolt on or did you have to drill or fabricate your brackets for a good fit ?

Reason I'm asking is, I'm considering putting chrome bumpers back on my truck and I'd like to go with a OBS W/T Chrome Bumper on the front and a NBS Chrome bumper on the rear.

If anyone has done the mod or has any info from someone who has please send me the details and pics.

Thanks in advance for the hook up !!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
......... I wanna see this, idunno anything about the rear bumpers but its a good question.........

Last edited:

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That was my plan until I saw the price with freight shipping ***OUCHHHHHHHH*** but I guess it ain't cheap to look good so I might have to bite the bullet and spend a bit more than planned.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shortNtall and 1989k1500 on gmfullsize.com have both did it just fyi and it does require somethin with the bracket but couldnt figure it out right now but i asked 1989 for ya

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah there was just a pic of a nbs rear bumper on an obs fleetside, I think the solid chrome obs bumper would look great!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just picked up a NBS rear bumper today to do this so wondering the same. I have time to figure it out while it's getting painted but uhh just unsure if the modification needs to be made to the obs bumper brackets (as in leaving those on) OR mod the NBS brackets on the new bumper :think: