Complete Exhaust System From the Head to the Bed 1990 C1500 Single cab Short bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing a whole bunch of Header threads so I thought I would post one too.

I am looking for a Complete Exhaust system. Short, Mid, or Long that comes with the pipes and mufflers. Side Exit, Single or true dual. DOnt care but I want to buy it all together in one shot that will fit. I dont need the most expensive one but dont want the cheapest crap I can get either.

Does it exist?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seeing a whole bunch of Header threads so I thought I would post one too.

I am looking for a Complete Exhaust system. Short, Mid, or Long that comes with the pipes and mufflers. Side Exit, Single or true dual. DOnt care but I want to buy it all together in one shot that will fit. I dont need the most expensive one but dont want the cheapest crap I can get either.

Does it exist?
You did not say what engine size, year or even vehicle but in todays world most likely not. I have seen a few different Summit Racing kits using Hedman headers and Dynomax exhaust kits, but I do not believe they offer them for the GMT400 chassis. Hooker headers for the chassis have also been discontinued from what I have seen with all the EPA compliance driven stuff. Luckily my Doug Thorley headers have a CARB Exemption through a 1991 model year, so push come to shove they were already proven not to increase emissions.

I just rolled my own exhaust, was not difficult to source the necessary parts and I used an older set of headers I already owned because good headers are hard to find now.

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Mistake on the description. 1990 C1500 Short Bed Single Cab 350 with 700R4. I have not been able to find what I am looking for and I am normally pretty good at looking for stuff. I know I can do the headers and then just send it to exhaust shop but if a full kit exists I dont want to miss it. No emissions tests in FL but even if they brought it back it would only be OBD2 stuff.

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen anything sold as one kit from header to tailpipe.

There aren't really that many pieces though really, depending on how complicated you want your exhaust to be. You can buy all the componants you want individually from Summit.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never seen anything sold as one kit from header to tailpipe.

There aren't really that many pieces though really, depending on how complicated you want your exhaust to be. You can buy all the componants you want individually from Summit.
I have seen kits like that, just not for the GMT400s. Looks like Hooker even discontinued the nice 2.25" exhaust kit for these trucks. It was made for their long tube headers though.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the tools and ability to weld? I bought headers, cats, mufflers, flanges, an x-pipe, and a handful of mandrel and straight tubing from Summit.

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have a small MIG that is perfect for exhaust work and other light stuff and that sounds like a pretty good option. I wonder how Summits Return policy is????? If I did this I would just buy a big pile of everything I think I might need and then return what I dont use. This is the method I use for all my Plumbing projects!

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced from where the cat used to be, back. It required piecing together 3" pipes, 3" pipe with hanger, 3" inlet / 2.5" x 2 outlet muffler, Flowmaster tail pipes, a bunch of lap band clamps, a couple of butt clamps, and a few hangers. It did require come cutting, drilling, measuring, cursing, etc.

I could not find a complete kit, either. I do not have headers, nor did I have to replace the y pipe.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try it....At $190 the muffler and hardware alone are probably worth it.